Sunday, August 12, 2012

What's it all about, Skye?

So, what's this whole thing gonna be about anyway? That's the question all bloggers have to stare down when they begin the process. What drives you to the penultimate step of creating and committing to a blog?

For me it's about possibilities. As you may, make that should, have read on the Tiny Facts page already I have become not only a tall guy but a big guy. Yep, big and tall. Just like you see on TV commercials. We apparently have our own stores. Odd I didn't seem to get the memo on that. You don't have a choice about being tall but that other one is totally in my control and I seem have to completely lost control of the big part of that equation.

So, do I sit in my Lazy Boy (man, I gotta get a chair with a better name) and wallow in self pity? Should I just accept the fact that I live in a state with a combined overweight/obesity rate of 68.1 percent according to the Trust for America's Health and I apparently joined the trend and didn't realize it? Is it just over for me and I should just accept that and move on. Albeit, slowly and in a sloth-like manner? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Ok, before you freak out I know that isn't right. I'm just quoting Animal House.

Nope. That ain't gonna be how it plays out.

My trusty dog Skye and I are going to get me back in shape. A little at a time, there's no need for giant steps. She's always willing to head out the door on some kind of adventure. She's a dog so her expectations of adventure are pretty easy to meet.
Ready to run, girl?

Keeping up with the Dog will chronicle my road back to health. Cycling, running, and a vegetarian diet will be the main roads followed on the long path back to where I (and lots of others) should be. What other side hikes I'll take on the path will remain to be seen but you can bet that Skye and I will keep you up to date on how it's going. I'll keep you in the loop on my progress, share info with you that I gather along the way, tell ya stories, and even recommend the odd recipe, book or running shoe I stumble across in my journeys.

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment